Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Hellos

Happy Friday!  I hope today finds you ready for the weekend.  I know I'm looking forward to it, though I must admit that I almost didn't realize it was Friday!  Having the summers off with my baby girl is SO nice... sometimes I lose track of the days.  (Nice problem to have, huh?)   My card making group meets tomorrow, so I am happy to be making some things for that meeting.

Speaking of my group of lovely ladies, dubbed the "HappyScrappers" by our 'founder' Becky, we're having a card swap tomorrow.  Everyone makes cards of their choosing, and we swap them with one another to get new ideas and revel in the talent of each other. :) 

Here are the cards I made.  I got a little over-achieving and made two kinds to give to everyone.  :)

 
Aren't they sweet? :)


In red...








In green...


Outside and in

Up close of the outside




 
I took a little shortcut with the first cards.  I used pre-cut and scored cards with matching envelopes to expedite the process since I was making a bunch.  Then I used SU's scallop circle punch and cut 2 scallops out of some American Crafts paper.  (This works best with plain or polka dot paper... though I love stripes, it turns out a little "off.")  I folded the circles in half, matching up the scallops.  Then I rotated the circles, folding them in half each time to match up the next "scallop."  When finished, I cut on one fold into the center.  Then you accordion fold the paper circle and use some adhesive to attach the two circles you've cut.  (I cannot take credit for this technique.  After seeing it on a MILLION cards and not wanting to purchase any new materials, I searched it on YouTube and found a great tutuorial  by a SU demo.)  I used a retired set from SU; I think it's called Hi and Hello.  (Bought off of eBay... love it!)

The bottom cards are a little more masculine- a struggle for this lover of ribbons and rhinestones and all things sparkly!  I used a tutorial off Splitcoast to get the idea for this card.  You cut an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of cardstock in half lengthise.  Score at 3.5 inches and 7 inches.  (I actually make the first one a tiny bit off so it is easier to fold and stays flat.)  Then I used the SU label punch (??) to cut out the center after adhering a rectangle of "manly" paper from my stash.  Being EXTREMELY careful, I stamped the sentiment on the inside panel.  I stamped the inside image with a stamp from Michael's dollar bin.  (LOVE IT!... and they just got a HUGE new assortment at our Michael's!)  The "tab" is made with SU's retired punch.  I was able to get mine recently from a demo who was selling hers.  I put a brad in the tab to give it a little polish. 

I hope you like what I've made.   I'd love your comments.  Have a WONDERFUL day!
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments MAKE MY DAY! Thank you for taking the time to jot me a note with your thoughts. Leave a link to your blog so I can come visit you too! :)