Wednesday, June 29, 2011

How Rectangles Became Circles... SC339

I'll be the first to admit that I have an obsession with polka dots and stripes, especially here lately!  So, today when I started a card for the Splitcoast Sketch Challenge 339, I grabbed some American Crafts paper (Tea Party) with polka dots.  As I cut out the rectangles for the challenge, I was highly unsatisfied with all of the white background space.  After taking FOREVER to finally decide how exactly I was going to "fix" my problem so I was satisfied, I decided to punch out the large polka dots with the white background.  I kept the circles in their same place, but I got rid of all of that extra white space.  After I punched the circles, I pretty much abandoned the rest of my idea of how I had planned to do the card and just ran with the circle concept.  So... while I really was going for rectangles, the circles just won out.  I guess you could say it is a very loose interpretation on this week's sketch!  However, I'm quite happy with how it turned out.  It makes me smile just looking at it! :)



I love it!

Up close... see how it's popped up?


 You can visit my splitcoast gallery here

I'd love to hear your comments!

Have a wonderful evening!
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments MAKE MY DAY! Thank you for taking the time to jot me a note with your thoughts. Leave a link to your blog so I can come visit you too! :)