Friday, July 1, 2011

Thanks Dad Kraft CAS-ual

Happy Friday to you! 

I must say I'm LOVING summer and getting to take time to do things I love to do... like spend LOTS of time with my baby girl and makes lots of crafts while she naps! :) 

I've been trying my best to participate in lots of challenges.  They help me step outside my comfort zone and expand my crafy abilities.  (At least, I hope that's what's happening!!)

Today, I got my inspiration from the challenge found on the CardMaker Magazine website. 

CardMaker Magazine Weekly Sketch 6/29-7/5:



I didn't link up there because I'm not currently a subscriber, and evidently, you can't join the site unless you are.  (That, or I just haven't figured out how yet!) 

I am, however, linking up to the CAS-ual Friday Challenge of the week...

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge 9 (CFS9):


Krafts-men: create a Clean And Simple masculine project using kraft.


I would not say that masculine cards are my forte... I'm a very girly girl who loves ribbons and bling and pink... so simple and manly is a stretch for me.  However, I think this card turned out rather well.  I think I'll have my daughter give it to her daddy one day "just because."  :)



The card is 4.25 x 4.25 square.  I used a kraft cardstock square of 3.5 x 3.5 & popped it up to give it some dimension after adhering all of the other elements.  I used 0.5 inch pieces of black, white, and kraft cardstock for the bottom "stripes."  I used plain grosgrain black ribbon at the top of the stripes.  The stamp "thanks DAD" is by ditto for Studio g (found last week on sale at Michael's).  I punched it out with a circle punch and popped it up too, so it didn't blend in with the ribbon.    For the embellishments at the top, I used 3-D star and circle stickers from my stash.  (I also intended to use my 'ticket punch' punch on the top two corners... but alas, my little 2-year-old crafter has been in my things and it has mysteriously disappeared...)

Hope you like it!  Let me know what you think!  Your comments make my day! :)

Have a happy and relaxing weekend!

Bethany




9 comments:

  1. Excellent man card! So clean and crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Its cool and definitely manly! Great job and thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the design of this card! You did such a great job with that sketch! Awesome! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those bold stripes, the colours mix so well. Fab row of circles and stars :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card. The combo color is great, Bethany!
    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Love those bold stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love!!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS card. It really caugth my eye in the inlinzs at CAS-ual Fridays. Your use of color neutrals is just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Comments MAKE MY DAY! Thank you for taking the time to jot me a note with your thoughts. Leave a link to your blog so I can come visit you too! :)