Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It Must Be a Pattern...

**3rd post of the day... scroll down for more

Hmmm... Mojo Monday on a Tuesday for the 3rd week in a row... I think I'm seeing a pattern. :)

Mojo Monday is celebrating their 200th sketch challenge- CONGRATULATIONS!  I know I enjoy their sketches weekly and am just BLOWN AWAY by the talent that is showcased there.  Excellent inspiration, for sure!

Here's this week's sketch...




















I followed the sketch pretty well, except for the bow.  It just didn't work once I had that flower put together on the card.  But, I AM pleased with how it turned out, so... oh well! :)

Here's the card...


Sorry for the picture quality... even though it's day light & there's natural light... it's a bit overcast, which is not making for the best photo op for the card. :(  The card base is white & is matted with kraft that has been embossed with Swiss Dots.  I used some striped paper from my stash mounted on olive green cardstock for the long rectangular piece.  I used a MS eyelet punch on the edge.  I used the SU Build a Blossom Punch for the flower (cut out in white) and inked the edges with a sponge in Pretty in Pink.  I used some sheer white ribbon edged in satin from top to bottom.  The sentiment is from ditto by studio g & says "lots of hugs."  I stamped it in chocolate chip & used my blender pen to color in "hugs" with pretty in pink.  I matted the sentiment on a chocolate square. I'll probably keep this card in my stash for my mother-in-law, who is going through chemo treatments right now.


Thanks for stopping by!
I'd love to hear your comments!  Have a fantastic Tuesday!
Bethany

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty, pretty card! I love the flower:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...really vibrant card...the flower is fantastic! The colors are great also. Love it.

    Deb

    P.S. If you have an Ott light you can make a neat little portable photo studio out of card stock that's inexpensive and works well for taking photos of cards. Check out the link below (on my blog) to see what I mean.

    http://debscreativeheart.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-i-photograph-my-cards.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments MAKE MY DAY! Thank you for taking the time to jot me a note with your thoughts. Leave a link to your blog so I can come visit you too! :)