Friday, July 29, 2011

The Long & Short of It, Part II

**2nd post of the day... scroll down for more!**

As I said in my last post, I'm loving the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays.  You can click HERE to see this week's challenge... The Long & Short of It. 


So, I was actually inspired to make two cards for this challenge... below is my second entry.


Again, I started with a kraft 4 x9 base.  (Can you say 'addict'???)  I corner rounded the bottom corners to give it a little polishing.  I used some black satin ribbon around the middle.  I adhered that gorgeous ruffled flower ribbon where the edges overlapped.  I kept the rest simple by stamping the sentiment "just for you" in black.  (The stamp is from the dollar bin at Michael's during a recent trip!)   I thought this card offered lots of recipient opportunities! :)

 This gorgeous book print ruffled flower was made by Nina Dee.  I won it (and 2 others) in a giveaway on her blog.  You can visit her blog by clicking HERE.  You can read about how to make a flower like this (via Nina's picture tutorial) by clicking HERE.  Her blog is fabulous... I know you'll find lots of inspiration there!  Thanks, Nina, for such a beautiful handmade embellishment! :)

Yet another view of this clean & simple card! 

I hope you've enjoyed looking around my blog... thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Bethany

5 comments:

  1. A lovely card, my Cas-ual Friday card is for a little girl called Bethany,
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Love that texty flower! Glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Comments MAKE MY DAY! Thank you for taking the time to jot me a note with your thoughts. Leave a link to your blog so I can come visit you too! :)