Monday, July 11, 2011

So Happy For You Rainbow

***2nd post of the day... scroll down for more!***

I've been LOVING rainbows lately... they're so fun and bright and summery!  So, I was quite happy when I saw the inspiration cupcakes at Cupcake Inspirations this week.  Here they are...



In addition to being oh-so-cute, don't they look delicious, too?!?!  YUM!

I'm linking this up to their weekly Challenge #118...



I used a kraft base & used a thin strip of black mounted on white to keep it crisp with all of the other rainbow colors.  I used scraps (YEAH!!!) to create the butterflies using the Martha Stewart classic butterfly punch.  The red, yellow, blue, and pink butterflies are all double punched and popped up for dimension.  I topped off the butterflies with some little rhinestones.  The sentiment is from this year's SU Sale-a-bration. 

This card is for a family friend who just graduated & took her exams to get her permanent nursing license.  She found out today that she passed!  Woo hoo!  I'll be giving this card to her in the next few days.  I hope she likes it!

Your comments are always appreciated...
seriously, they make my day! :)

Hope your day is blessed!
Bethany

3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! nice colors and butterflies. TFS with us at Cupcakes Inpirations this week.
    Zulma DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card. Very Simple but very effective, I love it!!

    Thanks for playing at Cupcake Inspirations this week.

    Happy Crafting
    Sam xx

    www.craftychickcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful! I love the butterflies! Thanks for playing along with Cupcake Inspiration. ~Erica

    ReplyDelete

Comments MAKE MY DAY! Thank you for taking the time to jot me a note with your thoughts. Leave a link to your blog so I can come visit you too! :)